It is currently 20 Apr 2018 03:10

STOP PRESS...LATEST...PRIDE OF LONGBRIDGE

• Author

dave the rave

Site Admin

STOP PRESS...LATEST...PRIDE OF LONGBRIDGE

Post12 Apr 2018 22:18

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM ORGANISERS:
"POL is amended the Park is wet. We have permission to use the surrounding road which will mean the size will be reduced . Marshall’s will be there and catering but please note . It is a mega reduced area . Please please note it is a smaller area."

It is unlikely that there will be separate areas for cars to park in groups/clubs, so with this in mind this club will not be attempting to arrange any club activities in Lowhill Lane. If you decide to go that is your individual choice but there will not be an official club presence

Please note: The British Motor Museum (aka Gaydon Heritage Centre) is NOT available as an alternative. They have 2 conferences on already that day so will not cope with a large influx of extra cars.

Afraid i'll be giving it a miss.

Chairman Ed

Re: STOP PRESS...LATEST...PRIDE OF LONGBRIDGE

Post13 Apr 2018 04:04

I have attended previously when the park has been closed and the surrounding roads utilised.

It was chaos.

Keith Bennett

Post13 Apr 2018 07:36

PoL's loss will be FN153's gain - I shall be working on it in the dry!

dave the rave

Site Admin

Post13 Apr 2018 10:29

Waydago Bent....i mean Bennet.... :mrgreen:

David Lewis

Post15 Apr 2018 16:51

Despite the late news that Cofton Park was closed on the grounds that it was too wet for the POL event I attended in my A35 having travelled quietly up from Wales via Hereford to Worcester on the Friday afternoon, ready for a fairly early start on Sat morning. Despite the gloom mongers it was a well supported event probably helped by the unseasonably warm weather and the organisers,I thought ,did an excellent job getting everyone parked up at the side of the road. No drama, nobody got knocked over, everyone behaved sensibly, all in all a great day. Crowds certainly increased as the day went on.
Pleased to see four A40's in attendance against only two A35's,
Well done to those who made the effort. Perhaps in 2019 the Weather Gods may be more kind to us.
David Lewis.

Keith Bennett

Post16 Apr 2018 12:27

Really sorry to have missed the four A40-ites who attended. Speaking as editor I found the entire episode most frustrating. Back in late January I began looking on the internet for any mention of booking for the PoL so that I could include the info in the March mag. In early February I came across a twelve-year-old e-mail address (prideoflongbridge2006@gmail.com) to which I wrote, asking for information etc. No reply was forthcoming and so, as the March press deadline approached, I asked a few Club members whom I knew used facebook to see whether they could unearth anything.

Nothing transpired, so 152 went to press with very rudimentary details indeed and no definite booking settled. Ten days before the show I received a short reply to my e-mail of early February which merely stated that I had been allocated Plot A. I replied, thanking them for the response and asking (given the dreadful weather then) whether I could be informed whether the show would take place. Heard nowt until the Sunday before the show, when a message turned up telling me that yes, the event was cancelled (which is when I posted the alert).

I'm at a loss to understand how I missed the later announcements and must say I have no faith in being successful in gathering information for next year's show which I could print in FN.

Claireysmurf

Post18 Apr 2018 07:17

I have messaged Gemma Cartwright offering to help her with organising next year, particularly with PR/Communications.
She thought she didn't need any help with the latter. There is a load of criticism about the arrangements out there and lots of talk about PoL deleting negative comments and posting half truths.

Keith Bennett

Post19 Apr 2018 06:53

Well, thanks for your offer, Claire. I think help should be appreciated. Here's the final message in its entirety that I received the day before the show, asking whether it was 'on':

To

keith bennett

Message body
It is a swamp Keith aswell sad to say don’t travel

stoney13

Post19 Apr 2018 20:48

most of the notifications on POL are via FB
EMA KAY - racing ( A40 s/w group & Wessex group)

Return to Public Chat