Forum Bugs

Talk about any non-car topics here
brynmor
Site Admin

Re: Forum Bugs

Post by brynmor » 10 Nov 2019 13:02

Not a bug, but need to add people to their respective groups: Club members & Committee groups.

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 11 Nov 2019 10:50

On the main Forum page, the https://a40farinaclub.co.uk/newforum/index.php link does not work - one has to copy & paste in order to access the forums. Please fix this. (Ironically, neither does the text colour choice work I tried replicating the red link from the main Forum page but it didn't 'take'. Please fix this, too.)

Fixed

Mike Hodgson

Post by Mike Hodgson » 11 Nov 2019 13:21

good to see the forum back from its slimming club
I notice the new posts and unread posts facility has been moved to each section.Please can we have it back on top of page so the whole forum can be checked with one click rather than scrolling through the site .Good for mobile users and kinder on battery life .Amongst the reasons for the modified site was to make it mobile user friendly.

some pages missing from old forum
The monthly committee meeting pages
Out .N .about pics
Club spares
Members spares

Just noticed "new posts " button top right of page also I cannot delete my initial post can admin do it for me please

Dave the rave

Post by Dave the rave » 11 Nov 2019 20:10

Keith Bennett wrote:
11 Nov 2019 10:50
On the main Forum page, the https://a40farinaclub.co.uk/newforum/index.php link does not work - one has to copy & paste in order to access the forums. Please fix this. (Ironically, neither does the text colour choice work I tried replicating the red link from the main Forum page but it didn't 'take'. Please fix this, too.)
I'm on it Keith. I put that link in yesterday, but for some reason it won't go "live". Done this before and was ok. I've just emailed Brynmor.
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗

Dave the rave

Post by Dave the rave » 11 Nov 2019 20:16

Mike Hodgson wrote:
11 Nov 2019 13:21
Good to see the forum back from its slimming club.
I notice the new posts and unread posts facility has been moved to each section. Please can we have it back on top of page so the whole forum can be checked with one click rather than scrolling through the site. Good for mobile users and kinder on battery life. Amongst the reasons for the modified site was to make it mobile user friendly.

some pages missing from old forum
The monthly committee meeting pages
Out .N .about pics
Club spares
Members spares

Just noticed "new posts " button top right of page also I cannot delete my initial post can admin do it for me please
Right, i'll add the threads you've quoted Mike, that's the easy bit ! ( Thanks ).
I'll copy your request to Brynmor, i won't be able to alter the actual page set-up.
Deletion on way..........
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 13 Nov 2019 11:38

Sadly, Mike, when Brynmor was moving the old site over to the https one he managed to lose the entire forums including all the committee discussions and the rest of the content. This site is pretty well completely empty for the present. We're still hoping he may have made some sort of back-up before embarking on the "upgrade" but it doesn't look likely.

Stoney13

Post by Stoney13 » 14 Nov 2019 10:39

dont know if this is fixed yet but have to copy and paste to go on forum ?? oh and still have no avatar :cry: but up loaded one but still not there
if it has wheels RACE IT, break it,fix it, RACE IT :twisted:

brynmor
Site Admin

Post by brynmor » 14 Nov 2019 11:04

Fixed bugs

1. Link from main site to these forums now turned into an active button.

2. Added Q and A spam prevention - there have been a number of Russian spam bots signed up today whom I have deleted. :shock:

brynmor
Site Admin

Post by brynmor » 14 Nov 2019 16:02

Mike Hodgson wrote:
11 Nov 2019 13:21

... also I cannot delete my initial post can admin do it for me please

3. Posters should now be able to delete their own posts - the "limit on deleting time" now set to zero.

Mike Hodgson

Post by Mike Hodgson » 14 Nov 2019 19:56

Keith Bennett wrote:
13 Nov 2019 11:38
Sadly, Mike, when Brynmor was moving the old site over to the https one he managed to lose the entire forums including all the committee discussions and the rest of the content. This site is pretty well completely empty for the present. We're still hoping he may have made some sort of back-up before embarking on the "upgrade" but it doesn't look likely.
I realise that K .I'm just trying to jog my memory re pages /sections whatever are now missing eg downloads.
Also why do we need a password to view Trevors UCE13 pages.