Carpets!!

Talk about any non-car topics here
Mike Hodgson

Re: Carpets!!

Post by Mike Hodgson » 30 Dec 2019 10:53

The new heel board piece looks ok, the old piece seems to have a section missing.

The boot side piece is for Mk1 or 2 .Due to the Mk2 wheel arch being further rearwards than a Mk1 it will need to be trimmed .
As Graham says some minor trimming will be required

Brian67

Post by Brian67 » 30 Dec 2019 21:29

Hi Graham, I appreciate your input. I guess it comes down to personal opinion. It really does bother me though that the fitment is quiet poor. Some pieces I will definitely have to send back as they are short and the opening that should go over the grar leaver shroud is far too small! I'll be in contact with them on Thursday to see how I can get this resolved.
I must admit the interior of your car does look quiet good!

Brian67

Post by Brian67 » 31 Dec 2019 16:50

Hi Graham, the interior of your car does look good, but I'm still disappointed with the fit of my one. It's ok if some pieces need trimming but the ones for the boot are too short and completely the wrong shape. The cutout for the gear lever shroud is far too small, its missing a cutout for the front seat slider and other pieces are just the wrong shape!! I'll be in contact with them on Thursday to see how we can get this resolved.
On a different note, I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year and to many more miles of driving in our A40s. Brian

Brian67

Post by Brian67 » 31 Dec 2019 17:17

Hi Mike, the old heel board carpet is not missing a piece, this is the correct shape for the tunnel, they seem to think it's a symmetrical U shape, but it isn't.
Last edited by Brian67 on 31 Dec 2019 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Hodgson

Post by Mike Hodgson » 31 Dec 2019 18:17

I stand corrected.I have two Mk1s and have never fitted a heel board piece so never noticed any problem with the tunnel cut out shape.

Brian67

Post by Brian67 » 03 Jan 2020 17:50

I've been in contact with Covedale and they were quiet helpful. They will replace or alter any pieces that I'm not happy with. I will alter some of them myself that only require minimal work. I hope to have them sent back early next week!

Midlife

Post by Midlife » 14 Apr 2020 11:23

Graham Bish wrote:
30 Dec 2019 09:32
Brian, Your not the first Club Member to notice the differences in the carpet pattern from Coverdale. Some have got very upset and even sent them back.

My car has a Coverdale set fitted. It too needed trimming, but personally I didn't mind this too much. I guess Coverdale have allowed overage to their pattern and i've not known of one which is too short. Maybe Coverdale should state that some pieces may need trimming to fit individual cars?

Onced trimmed and fitted they do look very good though.
Hi Graham,

I saw your images of the Coverdale carpet and they do look good. What grade and colour of carpet did you go for?

Cheers

Peter