Font

For help in using this forum, NOT motoring/car/mechanical queries.
They go here :- Technical Queries, or email technical @a40farinaclub.co.uk
Chris Mockridge

Font

Post by Chris Mockridge » 05 Jan 2020 17:02

Hi. Can anyone tell me what Font is used for the "Austin A40" logo on the boot lid of our cars?

Keith Bennett

Re: Font

Post by Keith Bennett » 05 Jan 2020 18:41

Hi Chris, I'm reasonably sure there isn't an actual font one can purchase and I've been through my comprehensive listings of commercially available fonts but can't find a close match. Depending on what words you need to create, perhaps a designer could draw them up from a photo of the "Austin" and "A40" badges seen on the rear bootlids.

I guess you're both busy fettling your A40 for the forthcoming Monte challenge? This year, once again, you should be passing through my home town of Banbury en route for the channel ports and I hope to meet you for a short chat that will appear in FN. Good luck in your endeavours!

Chris Mockridge

Post by Chris Mockridge » 06 Jan 2020 19:45

Hello Keith

Thank you for your comments re the font. I'll see if I can find one somewhere near or certainly near enough for what we want.

Sorry to disappoint you or anyone else, but this year we are starting from Reims, I shall miss the lunch halt at Bunbury.

I'll try over the week to write something up to put on here as well as the facebook page.

Regards

Chris

Dave the rave

Post by Dave the rave » 06 Jan 2020 20:18

Much appreciated you putting it on here Chris. No doubt Keith will include it in FN.
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 07 Jan 2020 14:20

Certainly will, but really sorry to miss you both (and of course Tina the Farina!) and I hope you do find time to send FN an article once the rally is over. The very best of luck to you!