Covid is a spoiler

This topic IS NOT for technical queries....or anything else car related, comedy related, flower arranging related, bungee jumping related etc etc etc............
Colin

Covid is a spoiler

Post by Colin » 24 Aug 2021 03:15

Easter last year-2020, I was to be a passenger on a War Bird, -a Mustang, but 'War Birds Over Wanaka' was cancelled due to Covid. Then a second chance came for a flight this coming weekend, now as we are in lockdown that event is cancelled. One day my dream will come true so must keep my dreams alive. I hope 'War Birds Over Wanaka' will go ahead Easter 2022.

Keith Bennett

Re: Covid is a spoiler

Post by Keith Bennett » 24 Aug 2021 08:11

Wow - frustrating for you, Colin, but well worth waiting for even if the flight won't happen until next year. Then again, considering the global chaos this little bug has caused, if that's the extent of your problems you've got off lightly.

Colin

Re: Covid is a spoiler

Post by Colin » 24 Aug 2021 08:49

This bug has made a lot of people live on edge, a member of the same service club I belong to lives alone so I have invited him to a cuppa on Wednesdays instead of our dining out, and Sunday afternoons, helping him during his stay at home loneliness. I was invited to the American Car Club breakfast held first Sunday each month and to attend the Morris club monthly meeting also attending Vintage Car Club old cars, bike and coffee third Sunday of month. All put on hold until it is safe once again. In the mean time I am preparing the veg garden for growing supplies for the freezer to carry us through next year. Plenty to keep occupied with.