Welding Rods.

Jokes, merriment, odd/interesting facts etc.
exlkrs

Welding Rods.

Post by exlkrs » 19 May 2022 20:45

Met a chap the other day I hadn't seen in years and it reminded me of a puzzling and amusing story. His brother Steve was a friend of mine, great lad, a Machine Tool Fitter who played Rugby with me, was possibly overfond of a pint and seriously unreliable, prone to no shows etc. I was running a Bodyshop in 1985, he was stuck for work, and I gave him a job, with my heart rather than my head. After about a month of no problems, one afternoon he pops his head in the office and says 'Just nipping to Parflo for some welding rods'. Fine, quite normal. Never saw him again. Fast forward to 2015, 30 years on, and there he is, doing his shopping in Tesco. Head down, he hadn't seen me, so as we passed, I said 'Where's them f***ing welding rods?' Straight away he says 'Chris'!! and hugs me. Saw him a few times, he lived around the corner, put business his way, then he disappeared again. His brother tells me he's retired to Anglesey. Never did find out what happened or the whereabouts of the rods. One of life's characters.

austina40sam

Re: Welding Rods.

Post by austina40sam » 05 Jun 2022 20:20

How odd is that Chris! One of life's mysteries as you say!