Just saying hello

Discuss anything about the club - public chat
Andy Thompson

Just saying hello

Post by Andy Thompson » 19 Nov 2020 19:55

Hi all I am a new member and just tipping my hat to you all , regards Andy :D :D

Keith Bennett

Re: Just saying hello

Post by Keith Bennett » 19 Nov 2020 20:50

You tip away, Andy! You're very welcome, and thanks for deciding to support the Club. You'll quickly discover that the technical diaries here are far, far more comprehensive than the snippets I am able to squeeze into Farina News (plus theyre searchable). There's a vast amount of knowledge on here, especially in the heads of the other members who regularly visit. We're proud to say that pretty much any question relating to maintaining an A40 - whether in bog-standard form or as a screaming racer - can be answered in around one day, often less.

Now then - what's your car, a saloon or a Countryman, and what age is she?

Dave the rave

Post by Dave the rave » 19 Nov 2020 20:58

Yes, welcome Andy. Thanks for joining us on the forum, and making yourself known. Keith Is spot on in his comments. Do tell us about your car.
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗

Andy Thompson

Post by Andy Thompson » 19 Nov 2020 22:15

Hi All my car is a 1966 saloon, I am technically the second owner as the car was wife then husband from same address. It is red with a black roof, tan interior, and genuine 48000 miles, loads of history, receipts mots solid body, some micro blistering and grazing on bonnet but will be sorted out next year, part engine strip down , new oil seals timing case gaskets sump gasket all fluids changed and radiator and block fully flushed out. Now running well. Converting brakes to discs, then I will probably refurbish bits over the winter. Hope to meet and see you all next year at sometime, kind regards to all Andy.

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 20 Nov 2020 15:50

Andy, our Northern Group (used to!) meet regularly at a garden centre near Thirsk. Keep an eye on the forthcoming Farina News for any more up-to-date info - they're a friendly bunch and would be delighted to meet you.

Andy Thompson

Post by Andy Thompson » 20 Nov 2020 16:46

Hi will do

Agnes

Post by Agnes » 22 Nov 2020 23:12

Hi Andy, it will be good to meet you (eventually) and our Northern group will happily welcome you, with or without a running A40, we only ask people to like our cars!!

Covid has ruined our planned meetings (and everyone else's) this year - including December Christmas meal which we enjoyed last year.

In the hope of things improving I've suggested meeting dates of Sunday's 17th January, 21st February and 21st March. These take place at Thirsk Garden centre and coffee ☕shop at Blakey Lane Thirsk YO7 3AB from 11am, and we are usually there a couple of hours, some stay longer than others, depending on commitments. Coffee shop has been set up for take away service and there is covered outdoor seating in what used to be the plant sales area. When Morgan's Diary is published we decide which events we want to attend as a group, displaying Club flag and as many cars as we can. You will see from the last two years issues of Farina News posted on here the pictures of our group and we look forward to you joining us.

Stoney13

Post by Stoney13 » 23 Nov 2020 12:30

welcome andy from down somerset ;)
if it has wheels RACE IT, break it,fix it, RACE IT :twisted:

Andy Thompson

Post by Andy Thompson » 23 Nov 2020 22:18

Looking forward to meeting you all , I will try and meet up with everyone at Thirsk next year , stay safe looking forward to attending shows again next year regards Andy