Praise indeed.......

Discuss anything about the club - public chat
Dave the rave

Praise indeed.......

Post by Dave the rave » 05 Jul 2020 15:35

JUST received, ( says it all doesn't it...…) :-

Membership Number 3625
Dear Colin & Committee.

A big thank you for all the hard work and your enthusiasm for the A40 Farina and especially for the superb 'Farina News' magazine.

Regretfully I have parted with my A40 and sold it on to a new owner who is much younger and more able to care for the car than I now am. He was enthusiastic about his purchase so I feel the car will be well looked after, I did give him my last copy of your magazine and hope he may have joined the club by now.

As you will know from my membership records I live on the Isle of Wight. I took the A40 across to the mainland on the ferry from Yarmouth to meet up with the new owner near the ferry terminal at Lymington shortly after 9.00am. By the time I caught the return ferry and the a bus home it was getting on for lunchtime and shortly after the new owner emailed to say he was home near Folkstone in Kent. I estimated he must have averaged around 50mph allowing for a short break to take a business call on the way, not bad considering that I rarely got faster than that on the Island.

As your records will show I have not renewed my membership as I am cutting back on my time consuming hobbies. I hope to continue attending local classic car shows on the Island , but as a spectator rather than as a participant.

I wish your club a long and safe future and thanks again for that superb magazine.

Best regards,

Roger J Dace

PS, please forward to others on your Committee
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗