North Yorkshire Group meet and eat

Agnes

North Yorkshire Group meet and eat

Post by Agnes » 16 Nov 2019 23:48

Gathering at The Angel at Topcliffe YO7 3RW on Sunday 1st December at 12.30 to eat at 1pm bringing to an end a year of fun and friendship. Huge choice of menus, contact Agnes if you want them emailed to you. Food orders must be submitted at the latest one week before. Friendly and welcoming, come along and join us.

Keith Bennett

Re: North Yorkshire Group meet and eat

Post by Keith Bennett » 17 Nov 2019 18:00

Loved the fact that your year apparently ends on 1st December! All you've got to look forward to now until 1st January is the Season of Hostilities, endless Christmas adverts and an increasingly hysterical barrage of all things seasonal from the press and TV. Bar humbug, I says!

Agnes

Post by Agnes » 24 Nov 2019 22:57

Wrong Keith! We have the next edition of Farina News to look forward to, all those pictures of sunshine and friendly faces until the car shows and meetings start all over again.

Our next three meetings are on the third Sunday of January 19th, February 16th and March 15th.

Hopefully by then we'll be adding other dates for our ☺ happy get togethers and getting those A40s out of winter hibernation, away from all the salt and grit up north. We know you and some others use your cars all year round but not everyone does. There are quite a few folks with fairly major projects in the deep midwinter months. Wish them luck!

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 25 Nov 2019 10:41

Ah, well, um, *cough* - at the risk of incurring your wrath, dear Agnes, I have to admit that your wonderful report on the Northern Group's first Picnic had to be held over until the March FN. There simply wasn't space, but I consoled myself with thinking that those sunny photos will lift our spirits during the dark winter months. The other reports on your activities are safely in though, fear not.

And yes, the best of luck to those working on projects during the 'off' season. You never know - one or two of 'em might even write in to FN and tell us how they got on (don't hold your breath...)

Agnes

Post by Agnes » 26 Nov 2019 16:08

Dear Keith, so very pleased that you had enough articles to be able to carry over the picnic report, better that than you having to write all the articles yourself!! You may be using pen names!

Our North Yorkshire Group has it's own WhatsApp group so we already have access to all the photos everyone took, so it's just the wider A40 family that will wait to see that event when you publish.

Meanwhile we are all looking forward to our fun day on Sunday

Agnes

Post by Agnes » 27 Nov 2019 22:29

Martin commented "we like to get Christmas over and done with" is that bah humbug?