1960 Mk 1 saloon in restoration

The A40 Farina Club takes no responsibility for the accuracy of information of cars advertised on this website. These cars have not been inspected by club officials. All details of vehicles are supplied by the vendors and any potential buyer should confirm their accuracy by independent inspection.
Keith Bennett

1960 Mk 1 saloon in restoration

Post by Keith Bennett » 24 Apr 2020 20:21

Trevor's car is now SOLD. Hi my name is Trevor Bagley, Club member number 3842. My wife Sheila and I have a 1960 A40 Farina (de-luxe saloon, Horizon Blue, Black roof and blue interior trim, reg no. 851 OPB) and over the last 4 years we have restored about 90% of it but unfortunately due to a serious cycling accident I am finding it difficult to get the car finished.

The work done so far includes all-steel shell stripped back, etched, primed and painted with no filler. Underneath and wheel arches are undersealed; new front headlight surround; front and back bumpers and the rear lights re-chromed; complete new brake system including pipes and all parts; suspension stripped and cleaned with new parts; axle and diff stripped, painted with new seals.

The fuel and braking system have new pipes and hoses stripped and cleaned; the cooling system has new original hoses fitted. New door and window seals fitted, and new quarterlight windows fitted; new soundproofing and carpets fitted. The Smiths heater stripped and painted; the exhaust stripped and fitted with new gaskets; a new clutch fitted and a new flywheel starter ring fitted; new original roof lining fitted, and the gearbox and engine painted.

A lot of work has gone into restoring the car and it will be an easy task to bring it back onto the road. There are just a few jobs to do - the front windscreen to be fitted, and door cards to be made; wheels have been shot blasted and repainted

That's all I can think of but if any more information is required please phone me (Trevor) on 07772 468 308. We live in Bartley Green, here in Birmingham. As you can see, a lot of work has been already done on it - the car needs a good home and is a very reluctant sale.
trevor 1.jpg
trevor 2.jpg
trevor 3.jpg
trevor 4.jpg
trevor 5.jpg
trevor 6.jpg
Last edited by Keith Bennett on 14 May 2020 10:46, edited 2 times in total.

Stoney13

Re: 1960 Mk 1 saloon in restoration

Post by Stoney13 » 25 Apr 2020 08:25

is this the chap with the modded mini cooper ?? if so i can concur to the work done to this vehicle will be to very high standard,

Dave the rave

Post by Dave the rave » 25 Apr 2020 14:22

I know Trevor well. He's into Minis big time.
If in doubt.........more beer :D

Stoney13

Post by Stoney13 » 27 Apr 2020 10:03

thanks dave, im sad to hear that he is not well, a proper brumie says it like it is, i met him a couple of years ago and at the NEC, when i saw him he had great pleasure showing me around his minis and this A40 great work so anyone thinking of buying his car you will not be disappointed, ;)

Lizclassic

Post by Lizclassic » 04 May 2020 07:30

Let’s hope that it finds a new home!