Hi

Talk about any non-car topics here
DaveO

Hi

Post by DaveO » 21 Jun 2024 20:20

Hello everyone, i have just joined the club I am the the proud owner of a 1962 A40 deluxe reg number 986LDV which my wife has christened Hanna, The previous owner was a club member as Hanna sports a club radiator badge and comes with a very comprehensive History with lots of information included from the A40 Farina Club , Hanna has only had 3 previouse owner the first for 40 years and it was then sold to her son , and has spent the first 50 years around the Star Cross area of Devon , I am no stranger to Austin a40s as my teenage years were spent helping in my grandads garage were he sold a range of second hand cars including A30'S A35'S A40'S Morris 1000s etc , I am 58 and was very fortunate to be able to retire at 57 after 35 years as a electrical engineer in the water industry and I also own a Domestic Appliance Repair company which has been established for over 30 years , so if any one wants any advice about washing machines , cookers or any white goods feel free to ask I live in Barrow in Furness South Cumbria
regards
Dave

Clive

Re: Hi

Post by Clive » 22 Jun 2024 08:13

Hi Dave and welcome. I've lived in that area most of my life so no doubt would have seen your A40 round and about. Nice Devon reg. too 'DV'. I wonder, did she make it all the way up t' north under her own steam?
Got any photos please?

Cheers,
Clive

TimB

Post by TimB » 22 Jun 2024 17:03

Hi Dave, I'm not far from you. I'll keep an eye out for your A40 on the A590!

DaveO

Post by DaveO » 22 Jun 2024 18:28

Clive wrote:
22 Jun 2024 08:13
Hi Dave and welcome. I've lived in that area most of my life so no doubt would have seen your A40 round and about. Nice Devon reg. too 'DV'. I wonder, did she make it all the way up t' north under her own steam?
Got any photos please?

Cheers,
Clive
Thank you I purchased Hanna from a club member called Harry Emmerson who has died , I believe he had a collection of cars which his wife has sold , Harry purchased it from a dealer in Exeter around 2003 , Hanna has a huge History file including many original documents and service book also a full photographic documentation of her restoration I used a transport company from Worcester to transport her as I bought her unseen , photos to follow .

DaveO

Post by DaveO » 22 Jun 2024 18:32

TimB wrote:
22 Jun 2024 17:03
Hi Dave, I'm not far from you. I'll keep an eye out for your A40 on the A590!
, i intend to do a few local shows with her but that will not be until next year , thankfully bodily she is very solid and all the brakes steering etc have been refurbished , i will be using her as a daily driver over the summer months