Small world...

Talk about any non-car topics here
Maya

Small world...

Post by Maya » 16 May 2023 11:48

Picked up my mum from work yesterday as she doesn't drive and works a few miles from where we live. We were sitting and talking in my A40 before heading home, and noticed a man across the street getting his phone out to take a photo, not seeming to notice we were sitting inside, amused by his attempt at stealthiness. Eventually he realised we were there and he came over to ask if we minded, and to have a chat when we told him we didn't mind at all.

Well, after a while talking about classics, our opportunistic photographer Simon mentions he knows "a guy in the A40 Farina Club, he does the newsletter I think?" which of course led me to ask "I don't suppose that's Keith Bennett?"

Lo and behold, it turns out that's exactly who he was mentioning. Said that our esteemed editor gave him a Corgi model of an A40 at the NEC show last year because he "didn't need it anymore". Aww! All in all, a bit of a crazy coincidence to run across him.

And it turned out he has a website, where he posted his photos of my A40 while mis-spelling my name! :D (everyone does though...)

https://myclassicuk.com/news/lovely-aus ... ing-today/

austina40sam

Re: Small world...

Post by austina40sam » 16 May 2023 12:47

It really is indeed a small world! How funny that it was our very own Keith Bennet! Hope your enjoying driving your car? The pictures of the site look Brillant.

scotty

Post by scotty » 16 May 2023 15:26

Fame already Maya, amazing how A40 Farinas get people involved, shame about the name.

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 18 May 2023 20:43

You're never alone with an A40, Mildred !!