Ice cream.

Talk about any non-car topics here
exlkrs

Ice cream.

Post by exlkrs » 11 Apr 2021 08:52

Didn't get to play in the garage yesterday, gained a few brownie points from Annette by doing some more work on the house without being asked. Weather cleared up later and we took Granddaughters Willow and Lily to the park The inevitable ice cream van was there. 'Grandads got no cash with him' Ice cream man - 'I take cards' Grandad - sotto voce 'mutter mutter'. So, four ice creams and £11 lighter, apart from the fact the icecream man has a card machine, I got to thinking, My first A40 cost me £10!!! What that all about???!!!

austina40sam

Re: Ice cream.

Post by austina40sam » 11 Apr 2021 23:14

4 ice creams and £11 lighter! Shows how much they have gone up since I last got one! Like you say you could buy a car for less years ago! Ice cream van having a card machine. Didn't know they did that but sadly I'm not surprised. They seem to be taking over everything now. Not something I am in favour of at all. I have always favoured physical hard cash that you can see when you open your wallet.
Sadly there will come a day when people won't even know what a £5 note is.

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 12 Apr 2021 16:15

Banks of course are delighted with Covid; they now have a considerably better insight into our spending habits now the use of debit/credit cards have become so widely used, and they can share the info with credit companies and other parties having close interests in our (once) private lives.

Dave the rave

Post by Dave the rave » 12 Apr 2021 17:10

GRRRR........... :twisted:
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗

Mike Hodgson

Post by Mike Hodgson » 12 Apr 2021 17:25

I don't care, never had a credit card never want one. Only loan I have taken out was my mortgage (and paid that off early).
I saw a neighbours marriage fall apart due to massive debt built up by one partner by over use of the card.
Dangerous things.

austina40sam

Post by austina40sam » 12 Apr 2021 21:10

Mike I could not agree more! These bank cards are dangerues in view. Both credit and debit. I like to actually see how much money I have in my wallet to spend. I like you have seen so many debts rack up with card use. People forget the value of a bit of plastic! Dont even get me started on these contactless cards! Worst thing in the world in my view! And when you point out that you dont have a debit or credit card you will be amazed at how quickly most firms willl accept a cheque from you! I have a credit card which I only use twice a year to keep a credit rating for my own place. It doesnt leave the hosue though. I am very worried about this card cloning that goes on.