FBHVC Drive-it-Day

Talk about any non-car topics here
Keith Bennett

FBHVC Drive-it-Day

Post by Keith Bennett » 25 Apr 2021 15:05

Took the A40 down to the Banbury Cross (of nursery rhyme fame) to take this snap. Got some strange looks as I had to park against the traffic to compose the shot!
One 1958 Mk1 A40 defying the oncoming traffic.
One 1958 Mk1 A40 defying the oncoming traffic.
On the way home, was approaching some traffic lights where a little classic was waiting for green. It was bad luck that just as I was creeping up on the inside lane for my left-turn the blessed lights changed and he was off. We did, however, exchange a couple of toots in recognition of each other. Anyone got an idea of my Mystery Model?
A tyre-scorching acceleration (well, a pong of warm cork anyway!) as we parted company.
A tyre-scorching acceleration (well, a pong of warm cork anyway!) as we parted company.

Mike Hodgson

Re: FBHVC Drive-it-Day

Post by Mike Hodgson » 25 Apr 2021 16:18

It's a Singer possibly a 9 roadster .You can just about make out the Singer script on the boot.

philcwebb

Post by philcwebb » 25 Apr 2021 18:15

IMG_0058.jpeg
CLO messing about by the river today, nice drive of about 50 miles, first time out for over a year and as per another tread not running silky smooth but trundling along all the same, lots of waves mostly from other Drive It Day cars (even Morris Minors :D ) and even a few from other passers by which is nice.

AUNTIESOOLDCAR

Post by AUNTIESOOLDCAR » 25 Apr 2021 20:09

Hi all ,

Took the A40 to Bradford on Avon today for Drive it Day. Parked up and went to eat when I returned there were at least Half a dozen People congregated round her.

All very complimentary and most were amazed that it was in such original condition and its History of being in our Family since new.

Of course I had to listen to stories of My Granny having one and The District Nurse who had a Red one.

Happy days.

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 26 Apr 2021 09:23

Welcome to the forum, Auntiesooldcar (oh really !!) Us addicts need more info on your car and its history with you. These A40s are just one family member who happens to live in the garage! Thanks for taking her out and about - as you're probably realising by now, 'our' cars are an increasingly rare sight on the UK roads and often attract smiles and memories from complete strangers.

austina40sam

Post by austina40sam » 26 Apr 2021 09:42

Took my Ruby out for drive it day with the local A35 club. There was lots of A30s and 35 there along with my a40 and my fronds Moggy, plus a few other classics. We went on a drive for about an hour (this was eventful and one of the hub caps fell off one of the cars and went folling down the road!) We then all had a lovely meal outside of course. Sadly no pictures of what was a very enjoyable day. That evening i was filling up with petrol when a chap come up to me to say that he used to have one! A great day!