Banks- or should I say the lack of them!

Talk about any non-car topics here
austina40sam

Re: Banks- or should I say the lack of them!

Post by austina40sam » 19 Aug 2021 19:32

Very good pionts on here. I agree with you Phill about the horses and cars ect. I do think the banks could be more understanding and offer as many payment methods as possible. The more we had the better I think!!

philcwebb

Post by philcwebb » 20 Aug 2021 09:14

I don't think it is big brother I think it is simple economics - cash handling and cheque processing is time laborious and expensive - if you where charged for paying by cash (which the retailer is for cards and in most cases for paying in cash/cheques) I suspect you might move to the 'cheapest' option - simple fact - there is no such thing as free banking - someone somewhere is paying for the activity. Lets be honest everytime I buy something from Derek and pay my subs its by online bank transfer and I'll bet they are both happier than getting cheques (and grubby brown envelopes :))

And my silly fact for the day - I have slept on £5M - in notes - and it is really uncomfortable! Was many years ago when I worked for a well known security company moving Christmas takings from one cash handling Centre to another 50 miles away and because of the amount we had more guards than seats!

austina40sam

Post by austina40sam » 20 Aug 2021 17:43

What ever way you look at it it costs money. I still think that banks are a very important thing to have in towns ect. I myself don't do anything to do with banking online and I wouldn't want too. I understand that lots of people out there do and I respect that. Like i say though I do think that the big wigs in the banks should be mindful of those who either cannot or do not want to use digital or electric payments as some people say.