Coventry Transport Museum 28th October

Dave the rave

Re: Coventry Transport Museum 28th October

Post by Dave the rave » 24 Oct 2023 21:49

REMINDER REMINDER…..our meet at Coventry Transport Museum is this Saturday 28th. A discount has been arranged for Museum entrance. £6….. :D Normal price is £15 :!: :!: :!:
Will need club membership card.
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 26 Oct 2023 14:02

Dave/everyone, I'm very disappointed to say I won't be able to join you but please will someone send me an account of the day and some photos as soon after the event as possible. I can then try and get them into the next FN.

I hope that the meeting is the success it deserves to be.

Dave the rave

Post by Dave the rave » 26 Oct 2023 14:43

Sulk, won’t be same without our Banbury Bod :!:
Ok Keith. Look after yerself….& ‘er indoors :D
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗

Maya

Post by Maya » 30 Oct 2023 01:07

Well it was forecast to be a rainy day, but thankfully we only got a few spots of rain in Coventry. That being said, it was chilly and (mostly) overcast on Saturday, and a definitely-smaller number of the public were out and about in Coventry than during last year's meet.

Unfortunately, the same was true of the turnout we had of A40s. My dad and I met up with Dave East (Easty1887) just outside Norton Canes, but our convoy ended up being just our two cars, with Dave leading the way to Coventry in Oscar. We took the A5 nearly as far as Atherstone before heading onto B-roads for the rest of the journey. We arrived on the plaza outside the museum after an uneventful drive and were greeted by Mr The Rave, but no A40s.

Thankfully, about an hour later, we were joined by Pete and a third A40.

We knew in advance that several people weren't going to be there for various reasons, let alone the weather, but I think we all expected a few more people. It didn't dampen the conversation though, and it was nice simply to meet up. I ended up learning a few maintainance tips and, after a year and a half, was finally was able to take Valentina to a club event, which alone put a smile on my face!

All in all, not a bad day out, though here's hoping for a better turnout next time!

scotty

Post by scotty » 30 Oct 2023 09:36

Great to see some cars there, well done.

streetscreamer

Post by streetscreamer » 03 Nov 2023 11:39

Nice cars, familiar place for me. Couple of years a go in the Coventry Transport Museum I joined some model stockcar races (european championship)
A40 Farina mk2 Countryman Speedwell
1293cc, disc brakes, 5 speed