Looking for a mechanic in the West Midlands

sid

Re: Looking for a mechanic in the West Midlands

Post by sid » 11 Apr 2023 18:26

good luck with your driving test Maya!

austina40sam

Post by austina40sam » 12 Apr 2023 12:42

So pleased that you have been able to find someone to work in the car. I too know how hard it can be! The very best of luck with the driving test also. You will love driving your A40.

Maya

Post by Maya » 21 Apr 2023 09:16

Well, I went with my dad to pick my car up yesterday, and she's in probably her best health in decades. I think I'll save the story of driving her home for the first time as a Farina News exclusive if our esteemed editor wants to publish it!

I have to give a wholehearted recommendation to the mechanic, Ashley. One of the most patient and honest guys I've ever met. He kept me updated the entire time and was extremely thorough. Classics are his passion and I think he was just as eager as me to see my A40 back on the road for the first time since 2016!

Anyone in the West Midlands who needs a mechanic for their classics, I wouldn't hesitate to contact him here: https://en-gb.facebook.com/MobileClassicMechanic/

(And thank you Dave for suggesting him to me!)

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 21 Apr 2023 10:06

Dear Maya, I shall be delighted to publish your brave story for several reasons: like many other members you'd struggled to find a satisfactory mechanic and, being a female, could be exposed to unfair practice; owning a tired classic brings additional problems into the equation (how're the electrics now??); and finally, I believe that you'd found practical support from the Club's website - a resource which, in my opinion, remains under-used by the majority of users.

The deadline for the June FN is 12th May so compose your thoughts! No need to submit a polished text - I often receive simple notes as well as the photos - so send what you want to, and I will produce the finished article. Try to mention the backstory (why a classic car anyway, considering that moderns are so cheap after just a few years; indeed, why choose specifically an A40?; any plans for the car - stuff like that to fill out the story.)

If you get stuck just e-mail me at post4kb@yahoo.co.uk and I'll be happy to help.

Looking forward to seeing it!!