A40 wanted please

The A40 Farina Club takes no responsibility for the accuracy of information of cars advertised on this website. These cars have not been inspected by club officials. All details of vehicles are supplied by the vendors and any potential buyer should confirm their accuracy by independent inspection.
Dave the rave

Re: A40 wanted please

Post by Dave the rave » 17 Apr 2024 12:47

Garry wrote:
15 Apr 2024 15:32
Hello there,
Returning member here looking for, hopefully a maroon B MK2, salon or countryman.
Other than that’s what’s out there?
Are you interested in a half finished restoration❓Maroon B. Rolling painted shell. Tailgate conversion.
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗

Garry

Post by Garry » 17 Apr 2024 18:05

Possibly, how much is left to do and what does it come with/without ?

Many thanks, G.

Dave the rave

Post by Dave the rave » 17 Apr 2024 18:29

Nothing left to do on the body. Painted & finished. A LOT of welding done. No interior, so open to inspection. Have got all the interior. New bumpers, new grille. One new front wing, other repaired comprehensively. Both wings bolted on, stainless bolts. Burr-walnut veneered bespoke dash,, see my pic. Telescopic shock conversion on front with Midget items, ( and discs of course ). Was being converted to steering rack. Needs finishing, or converting back. Larger Riley drums on rear. One -piece tailgate conversion, using NOS bootlid. Have got Midget engine & Toyota box.....but they're open to discussion. Very modified. Not sure about prices, considering what's been done etc......
MY ARDEN 8 PORT.jpg
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗

Garry

Post by Garry » 18 Apr 2024 21:01

Sounds very interesting but possibly too modified for my needs.i was rather looking for something ready to enjoy, having said that if you could send more detailed pictures and technicals (and ballpark figures) I’ll definitely give some serious thoughts.

Best regards once more.