A busy summer last year . . .

Discuss anything about the club - public chat
Keith Bennett

A busy summer last year . . .

Post by Keith Bennett » 19 Jan 2023 19:34

Dear all, we missed the AGM at Weston-super-Mare but sounded like a great success, Well done to all involved.
Hoping to get to Gaydon this year for the 2023 AGM.

My Mk2 Countryman,"Clara" had a recon steering box fitted, as it steered where you did not wish to go! All fine now thanks to Derek in our Club's parts dept.

I took Clara to a show at Lulworth Castle, Dorset, in aid of the Dorset Blind Association. https://dorsetblind.org.uk It was a lovely hot day, all cars went on a 20-mile trip around the country lanes prior to displaying in the castle grounds. Many people showed interest saying either "I passed my test in one of these" or "my dad had a A40", but I was dashed by someone saying "what is this"??
Dave at Lulworth Castle.jpg
The next weekend we went to Beaulieu for the Simply English Classic car show. A good turn out on another lovely day. "Clara" represented the badge with pride, with many visitors taking pictures for reference.

In October I took "Clara" to Chilworth for the Wessex Group's autumn meet. As mentioned in December's FN, Terry was in great form, good to see, never a dull moment! Looking forward to the spring meet in April.

We hoped to attend the show at the NEC and visit the Club stand but due to commitments it never happened. However, it looks like the A40 club crew done us all proud.
Next year, fingers crossed.

Kindest Regards
Dave Shergold, Basingstoke