Advice Needed

Discuss anything about the club - public chat
Nik

Re: Advice Needed

Post by Nik » 14 Jun 2023 16:03

First thing I'd do is roll the car back and forward with the wheels as straight as you can and then measure along the side between the wheel centres obviously both sides should be the same, it they are not don't worry it could be they are not quite straight in which case jack the front, keeping it level and take the front wheels off. Now you can measure top and bottom of the king pin to the centre or rim of the rear wheels. These should be the same side to side, if the top is out you may be able to loosen one of the shock absorber bolts and get them to move a little and re-tighten them
Stay Safe

mikeg_303

Post by mikeg_303 » 14 Jun 2023 20:27

Nik wrote:
14 Jun 2023 16:03
First thing I'd do is roll the car back and forward with the wheels as straight as you can and then measure along the side between the wheel centres obviously both sides should be the same, it they are not don't worry it could be they are not quite straight in which case jack the front, keeping it level and take the front wheels off. Now you can measure top and bottom of the king pin to the centre or rim of the rear wheels. These should be the same side to side, if the top is out you may be able to loosen one of the shock absorber bolts and get them to move a little and re-tighten them
That’s great Nik
That’s my weekend plan sorted

mikeg_303

Post by mikeg_303 » 18 Jun 2023 09:39

So hasn’t gone to plan this weekend with the rain, so I couldn’t roll her and get the measurements
But I did manage to have a little look around
A worrying sign to me was the passenger side engine mount is bent so I’m thinking maybe there is more damage then just then I thought
Attachments
050DDDC1-527A-420B-872C-C3609AD3BF28.jpeg