Re: Good Evening

Post by Dave the rave » 08 Aug 2021 21:43

Welcome Bob....... :D
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗

Dave the rave

Post by Dave the rave » 09 Aug 2021 01:59

:shock: :shock: 7 Grand :shock: :shock:
That's a bit more than for a mint car.....
If in doubt....kick the Ruskies OUT ❗

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 10 Aug 2021 21:51

Hello Bob, nice to hear from you. We have several Club members whose A40s are up to Goodwood standard and, as you'll know, very often large amounts of cash have been spent to bring them up to scratch mechanically speaking. Mk 1 saloons are relatively cheaper than the Countryman model (the one with a split rear tailgate). Of course, these cars are all some sixty years old, so there will inevitably be some rust to deal with but hopefully the 948cc engines are sturdy little beasts and can absorb quite a bit of punishment. Good luck in your search - and I'd recommend joining our Club - we are the world's largest supplier of A40 Farina parts, both mechanical and body repair panels - and we're cheap as well !!

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 12 Aug 2021 19:22

What I completely forgot to mention is that this very website contains much information on many aspects of restoring/repairing/servicing A40s which can be found on the members' side of the site. As you've already discovered, any help and/or advice is always speedily forthcoming here, on the public side as well, so we've pretty well got all aspects covered!

Stoney13

Post by Stoney13 » 14 Aug 2021 09:34

thanks bob for taking my advice to join the forum im in fact ema kay, ive been banned so many times on face book so that why i use my race cars name on there, please join our merry club, as its not polite to ask on fb where abouts in our country are you ?? as we have groups up and down that my be able to help you find what you want ;)
if it has wheels RACE IT, break it,fix it, RACE IT :twisted:

Stoney13

Post by Stoney13 » 14 Aug 2021 09:50

oh by the way bob my profile picture shows ema kay thats the blue one and ausy the ratty one :D
if it has wheels RACE IT, break it,fix it, RACE IT :twisted:

Keith Bennett

Post by Keith Bennett » 15 Aug 2021 20:17

That's so unfair to call ausy "ratty". He was the star of our stand at the NEC's bigges classic car show in europe a few years ago and attracted a lot of attention. (Okay, he's a little bit, eccentric-looking but he's totally unique!) There were plenty of shiny looking classics being passed by, but ausy always had at least one or two blokes peering into his innards.